Here are all of my Spotify playlists on one handy page. I do revisit and update them as I discover more musical gems.
Gruntie’s Top 30
I amend this playlist every few months. A compilation of new stuff and old stuff that I am currently listening to.
Gruntie’s Iceland inspired Playlist
Gruntie’s Norway inspired Playlist
For more info on Norwegian music click HERE.
Gruntie’s Denmark inspired Playlist
For more info on Danish music click HERE.
Gruntie’s Sweden inspired Playlist
For more info on Swedish music click HERE.
Gruntie’s Bestest B sides.
I wanted to create a Spotify playlist of my favritist B sides, but Spotify is rubbish and did not have all of the songs so the playlist below is not complete. I have included links to the songs on Youtube that are not on Spotify at the bottom.
In order to qualify for this playlist I have to own the 7″ single in question, so if I don’t have the record it’s not allowed in this playlist!
PLAYLIST TRACK INFO:
- Pssyche by Killing Joke. B side of Wardance. 1980. I love the energy of this song.
- Play with fire by The Rolling Stones. B side of The last time. 1965.
- I don’t want to be your shadow by The Psychedelic Furs. B side of Danger. 1982. The ‘Furs at their peak.
- I bet you look good on the dancefloor by Xylaroo. B side of Sunshine. 2016. Possibly the most uplifting cover ever.
- The other side by French for Rabbits. B side of Goat. 2014. New Zealand band who are very underrated methinks.
- It’s obvious by The Au Pairs. B side of Diet. 1980. A different version to the one on their debut album.
- I’m beautiful now by Girls at our Best. B side of Go for gold. 1981. Every B side by GAOB are great!
- Lipstick by Buzzcocks. B side of Promises. 1978. [Yes I know Buzzcocks don’t have B sides as such, their earlier singles are listed as having side A and side 1]. As good as Shot by both sides in my opinion, well nearly.
- You and your sister by Chris Bell. B side of I am the cosmos. 1978. You may know the version by This Mortal Coil. This is the original.
- Practice makes perfect by Wire. B side of Outdoor Miner. 1979, and it’s on white vinyl!
- Ice Machine by Depeche Mode. The B side of their debut single-Dreaming of me. 1981.
- Nasty by The Damned. The B side of Thanks for the night. 1984. Remember The Young Ones?
And the tracks that are not on Spotify:
Mad drums by The Delgados. B side of All you need is hate. 2003. Yes the drums are a bit bonkers, but Emma’s voice is sublime.
Author! Author! by Scars. B side of All about you. 1981. Weird but rather wonderful.
Who Cares? by Altered Images. B side of A day’s wait. 1980. This track is not on their debut album. You have to love Clare!